Join the official 100th Ceremony April 21, 2018 at Noon.
HOW DOES ROSEMOUNT COMPARE
WITH OTHER OPL Branches?
READ Rosemount has said many times that Rosemount is a very busy branch. We’ve said many times that Rosemount is over crowded. And we’ve said many times that due to its size, Rosemount cannot provide the same great services available in other comparable OPL branches. Our volunteers have worked tirelessly to document the case for an expanded Rosemount branch primarily using the OPL’s own data.
Now that data is available in a convenient and easy to read document.
Take a look at how Rosemount compares to six other branches serving similarly sized populations. We think that you will agree that our community deserves an expanded Rosemount branch library.
Josh Nutt, Chair READ Rosemount
Click here for Resources where you will find Rosemount Comparative Stats.
Rosemount’s Case for Space – in photos
Have a look at some other great OPL branch libraries to which Rosemount aspires. ↓
Next READ Rosemount
Monday, April 23, 2018
Tuesday, May 13, 2018
Monday, June 11, 2018
Time: 7-9 pm.
LOCATION: Hintonburg Community Centre
Check out READ’s advocacy work
- Rosemount CompStats (8) March 2018
- READ Statement : An Unfortunate Decision for the Rosemount Library Oct 27, 2017
- NW Oct 26, 2017 A Difficult Decision for Rosemount: Little to be gained in OPL choice to Renovate
- READ Media Release (2017-10-06)
- Rosemount Background Statistics Oct 2017
- READ letter to Mayor Jim Watson & OPL Chair Tim Tierney, Aug 22, 2017
- 2016 READ Annual Report (final 2017-02-19)
- Minutes of READ’s monthly meetings
- READ’s presentation to OPL Board, December 6th, 2016
- READ’s presentation to OPL Board September 6th, 2016
- Rosemount Library: The Next Chapter (2016).The report of the Rosemount library community consultations held Spring 2016.
- Rosemount Community Consultation Results-2 page summary
How Can I Help?
READ is a group of volunteers working to support the Rosemount Library located at 18 Rosemount in the Hintonburg are of Ottawa, just east of Parkdale St. The library urgently requires updating and expansion to meet the needs of the community. We have traction with the library staff, the library board, and are working with all levels of government. We are now looking to engage the broader community….that means you.
1. Sign the Statement of Support for Rosemount Library. Every name will help to advocate for Rosemount’s update and expansion. Here’s the link
Signez le déclaration d’appui à la succursale Rosemount. Chaque nom nous aidera à plaider pour la revitalisation et l’expansion de Rosemount. Voici le lien.
2. Join the READ email list: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Sign up for the READ blog posts: see the bottom of right hand sidebar of this page.
4. Follow READ on Facebook
5. Follow READ on Twitter
Tell your neighbours, friends and community organizers you are involved with about READ and this site so that the message can travel even further.
AND… to learn the basics about the issue, start with these links:
- Why expansion and development is needed
- READ’s mandate and quick backgrounder
- READ’s blog for the latest news – see menu at bottom of page.