READ Rosemount makes recommendation to the OPL Board on the future of the Rosemount Library
On September 6, 2016 Richard Van Loon, Chair of the READ Rosemount group (Rosemount Expansion and Development) made a presentation to the Ottawa Public Library Board.
This presentation supported by Kitchissippi Ward Councillor Jeff Leiper, recognizes that there are no viable expansion and development options at the current Rosemount Library site (18 Rosemount Ave, Hintonburg), and recommends a new library must be built so Rosemount becomes a library for the 21st century.READ Chair, Richard Van Loon interviewed by CBC (Photo Steve Fischer, CBC)
The recommendation, based on the community consultations held in March and April of 2016, was the main focus of the presentation.
- READ writes to Mayor Jim Watson & OPL Chair/Councillor Tim Tierney, Aug 22, 2017
- READ Rosemount presentation to OPL Board, Sept 6, 2016
- OPL Board Action Summary from Sept 6, 2016 meeting. See Item 1, Direction 1
- READ’S Key recommendation
- Media Coverage
- Councillor Jeff Leiper’s blog on the meeting ” At Library Board last night-next steps toward a new library. There’s been some good press last night and this morning about what transpired at the Ottawa Public Library Board last night: another step towards achieving an expanded new branch. The details are a bit convoluted, and I hope this post helps residents understand how the decisions made at that meeting help us……… “
- Want to know more about Rosemount?